Followers

Monday 29 August 2022

MIT 2022 KPMG Meeting 3#

 Today we had our 3rd KPMG meeting. We looked at how our project was progressing. 

I am at the phase where I am getting feedback from my colleagues. I have had great feedback from my principal where she is scrutinising the content. One of her feedbacks is that one of my videos under Running Records (RR) is a benchmark video and not good practice. I had to first figure out what she meant with a benchmark video and got the info from my DP. My solution to the problem is to video one of our Reading Recovery teachers doing a RR. Then I know the video is authentic. 

The second feedback was from my colleagues Simon. Here is a copy of his email There were 2 of the things he mentioned that I took to the team for advice. The first was another word for 'unit', to soften it a bit. The team came up with the word "kete", as teachers will gain information that they can add to their kete which I thought was very appropriate. This then created the opportunity to use a kete as an image or border. I'm not very keen on images on the site as I want it to look professional. So the images that I use will have to be chosen well. The team suggested that I rather use real photos. Some advice was given on how to take a photo from the back of people to avoid having their faces in the image. So I will have to take some photos to spice my site up a little. 

We then worked on our Pecha Kucha  (this is still a work in progress) slides for Raro and the Wananga. These slides are timed and run automatically. 20 seconds per slide, 20 slides long. 

The trick is to keep your slide neat and clean with minimum words and catchy images. Prepare just enough for 20 seconds, so that you don't go over your time and/or end up not saying enough. So I will need to practice this a lot. It was suggested that we arrange to present at a staff meeting to get the feel for it before we leave for Raro.

I'm hoping to get more feedback from my colleagues before I share my site on the Teacher's FB page to get their feedback, which will be my next step. 







2 comments:

  1. It's really starting to come together Alida. Looking forward to supporting our new teachers as our kura grows with this. Simon always gives such helpful and thoughtful feedback doesn't he! I can see what you mean about wanting a professional looking site but images can also have great value in giving a site life if done well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does! yes I agree, images will light it up if done correctly.

      Delete

Please leave a comment.