Followers

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Manaiakalani Shared Staff Meeting

 On Monday I had the privilege of being one of the facilitators for a nationwide shared meeting on our inquiries. 

I met with Richard, Elfrida and Ashley. Richard is a principal, Elfrida a DP and Ashley a Beginner Teacher. 


The sharing just happened naturally. Elfrida shared how they are doing an inquiry around their new school's value of sharing. What does sharing look like for their leadership team, staff, students and community?  Richard's team is relooking at their strategic plans as school life at the moment is not what they thought it would be when they planned it last year. And Ashely is looking into how she can build up a kete of different teaching strategies. I shared with them my MIT project, Survival Kit for New teachers. 

It was good to hear that other schools have the same challenges that we do. And sharing some ideas with each other was very helpful. I shared with Ashley a link to Manaiakalani Classroom on Air site, hopefully, that will be helpful to her. 
Initially, I was a bit nervous as I wasn't sure if I would be able to facilitate leaders, but they made it really easy for me, and I learned from them how they approach an inquiry in their school. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.