Followers

Friday 15 November 2019

DFIl Session 9 Revision and exam


My DFI (Digital Fluency Intensive) Journey


Wow-what a journey. Today I am reflecting on 9 weeks of digital fluency training. When I started the course I did not even really know what DFI stood for. Although I was comfortable digitally, I haven't been in a digital class for 2 years. I would recommend this course to anybody that is in a digital class. There are so many updates and shortcuts to be learned. I feel more confident and excited about what Google offers. The learning and ideas that have been shared over the course of time, has given me lots of ideas of how to make it work in a digital class. My understanding of our Learn, Create, Share pedagogy has also improved. We are not limited to just a laptop.

What stood out for me in my journey, and something that I will use more and more with the students are Google Sheets, Google Keep and Google Drawings.
I am able to work so much faster on Google Sites and learned lots of little tricks on how to make sites work really well. I look forward to working with a team next year and sharing what I have learned.

And the highlight today was our Google Level 1 Exam. Such a great feeling to pass.

A huge thank you to Dorothy Burt and Gerhard Vermeulen for being great facilitators.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Alida! It's fantastic to hear your reflections from your DFI journey. Your learning is a taonga for your own teaching practice, which I know you will also share with your colleagues at PES and across the Kootuitui cluster. I acknowledge the effort and commitment you have invested to gain success as a Google Certified Educator, and I hope the excitement of your highlight stays with you. Enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's tino nui news Alida! Congratulations for all your mahi with ako, hanga, tohatoha. It was great to work with you in the group. I am sure your knowledge and skills will be vital as you continue to work in your school Kootuitui leadership role.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.