Followers

Monday 25 November 2019

TLIF Reflecting/Contributions on our checkpoints

Here are my thoughts on how we are progressing towards our goal:
The release day with specific outcomes was really helpful. It gave me a chance to sit down and focus on my reflection on my progress.
The online session I had with Susan was extremely helpful, I had the opportunity to speak about my class and the challenges that I have. She gave such good and specific advice.

After interviewing Karli's students, I realised once again how valuable students voice is. They came up with solutions on how to encourage talking in the groups/class. One was that they should get the choice to sit with their friends, and the other was that they should have like a talking stick to pass around. Then everybody gets a chance to talk, and they could pass if they want to.

Although I felt a bit disheartened after my first science lesson in room 2, I realised what an important learning pit this is for me, not only for me but for the school. I will be able to share what I struggled with, with my pears, should they have the same barriers.

I am looking forward to next year, where I will have a class from the start of the year and where we can instil good dialogue habits from the start of the year. By then, I will have a better understanding of how to implement dialogue in my class, and won't get hung up with the technicality of what to do. At the moment my lesson plans are taking a bit of time to do, as I really have to think about teacher and student talk moves. This will hopefully get easier, and I will get faster at planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.