Followers

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Reflection PAC

Reflecting on my writing lesson:
This week we had our PAC observations.

I was pushing for time and trying to meet MY end goal, which did not give the students an opportunity to talk about their ideas. I have neglected to really think about my writing lesson and left out some valuable strategies that I have learned over the past year.

This is what I would like to improve on for my next lesson:
- Use talking strategies
- Make sure kids know the SC (Don't try to jam pack - focus on one) Be very clear with what I want to achieve in that lesson
- Be open to kids ideas - don’t push for an end goal
- New words near them

- A good place to bump up the vocab is during the proofread and editing phase - not during the drafting phase 


1 comment:

  1. Our class and your little readers and writers have come such a long way. They know they are readers and writers, such an encouraging foundation to build on. Love how you are taming your focus (Don't try to jam pack) (I did similar thinking Yay! I've got them with no interruption I'll keep going hmmm yep even when their eyes glazed over)
    Love the proof reading bump up suggestion too. Good for extending writing to by developing opinions that don't always include "It was fun, or it was cool. Thanks for sharing your journey Alida

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.