Followers

Friday 13 September 2019

DFL Session 3 What does Learn, Create and Share really stand for?

What does Learn, Create and Share really stand for?

Most human beings need to do, experience or explore something before the learning can take place. This made me rethink what is happening in my class. Do we really create enough? Is this not the secret to keeping our students engaged? Learn, Create, Share is definitely not only a digital pedagogy.

When I was a student, we had subjects such as needlework, art, cooking, woodwork, and library. When I went to high school, these subjects were not gender-specific. Boys and girls could choose any subjects even motor mechanics as a subject. My needlework and music where the subjects that made me enjoy school. And at the end of the year, everything was either displayed or performed in front of the parents (share). We had art displays, music evenings and needlework parades (the clothes we made, we had to wear on a boardwalk).

So...

What can I do to create more in room 7? (Students are the creators of content). I read the below document of Manakalani and realized that lately I have been data-driven (due to limited time in class) and have neglected the creative part. Something I loved doing in the past. My goal,  get creative and include more learn, create share.


1 comment:

  1. Awww . Alida I get what you mean about learn create share and reading the Manaiakalani Document revealed the struggle to have a strong purpose for investigation and developing their curiosity through discovery. Doing the course last year about learning through play has gone out the window. Yep! their are things tucked away in the cupboards that will by posing a question give our class ways to think, such as will it slide, fit, roll, bounce, balance, which is the strongest, how do we make it taller, wider, what if we added...getting past listen to others, the smash, throw, snatch, grab and shout with out me reacting has meant they have missed out and Im sorry. Things like the puppets, dress-ups for them to stay in all day as a theme that involved (making a product to sell like play dough, or gingerbread men at lunchtime in the shop) playing shop with play money. I find a shortage of time for me too, to meet their needs from behaviours and achieve data/curriculum learning. I heard you say you are use to not having a classroom and I thought about our sharing this year. I have a classroom and you have a class. Lets get creative again because we both love it and our students too. Love our learning together. Your sharing helps me to think clearer... I have bombed your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.