Followers

Thursday 5 March 2020

TLIF Planning Day

This week I had the opportunity to spend a day playing for my term 1 science lessons. It was good to do it with Sam that is new to TLIF, as I was explaining things to him, I felt like I was gaining a better understanding as well.

Up until now, I have done short quick lessons using Explorify, but focussing on Talanaoa, especially listening part to each. Some students are great at sharing their ideas, but they are not so great at listening to others ideas. My concern is my ESOL students that are finding this really hard. What I need to remember is to say to them that they are allowed to speak in their mother tongue.

The first few times I tried Think, Pair, Share where my students had to share what their buddy said. I noticed that they struggled to remember what their buddy said or talked about. So then I tried the Think, Write Share strategy and that went a lot better. It seems that having to write things down made them listen better and ask their buddies to repeat if they could not remember what to write.

So I wanted to build on that. I am still keeping the content of the lessons low and fun, but trying to gradually increase the dialogue strategies. This term I would like to continue with my teacher goal being Time to think and also introduce Say more. I ensured that I wrote my talk moves in my planning so that I can look at it during my lessons.
My Lesson Plan

I am looking forward to next week when I will teach these lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.