Followers

Friday 14 September 2018

Room 1 students voice

After some discussions with my principal and our PD session with Cynthia Greenleaf, I thought it would be good to get some student voice from my class. This was their response:

What helps you to be  a good learner? 
"doing handwriting, music, when it is quiet and relaxing, my friends, when nobody talks, my teacher".

What in Room 1 makes it hard for you to learn? 
"when everyone is loud, when everybody is screaming, when everyone is not good".

What do you like to do during a brain break? 
"sitting down and eating, play tag, rugby, touch, hide and seek, soccer, kiwi kids".

What are you interested in to learn about during science? 
"bubbles, explosions, dinosaurs, books(not sure if this was meant to be bugs as well), bugs, cutting worms, water".

So what?
After their input, we discussed that we need to volume down in room 1 in order to give others and ourselves the opportunity to learn. Also, it was good to see that they would prefer a physical activity during a brain break instead of something like blocks/lego's. And the science question, was just to give me an idea of what interests them. I was proud of Room 1 for being able to verbalise what supports their learning and will do everything I can to enforce a classroom culture of respect to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.