Followers

Sunday 29 May 2022

KPMG Meeting 2

 During our second KPMG meeting, we presented our progress with our prototype. This phase is calles the testing phase. "In the testing phase, you will gain feedback and insights that you may not have been able to recognize without testing your prototypes. Through these tests, you will identify aspects of your prototype that did not work well or the end user did not find functional or pleasing. These “failures” give you the opportunity to fix and improve aspects of your prototype"es.

I presented my Running Records page. 

What we discovered through the feedback process was that my initial idea was not going to work. I had the idea that I would create a template and then make a copy of it in order to adjust it specifically for my school. In this way schools could make a copy of the template and adjust it to their own school's needs, however, the red flag was raised to what often happens. When you create a copy for your own school, you only work or updated the school site version. The template get's forgotten and outdated. 

It was suggested that I create my site as an additional piece of information that can be linked to school sites. 

So focussing on the information that is applicable to all new teachers and cutting out customized information such as principals messages, school sites and contact details for specific people in the shcool. 

This makes so much more sense, because then the site will be practical and can be updated as time goes, and everybody that uses the site will see the changes. 

So the new layout on my sites first page changed to: 
Purpose of this website
Induction Tracking
    Assessment, 
    Planning,
    and Resources
Professional Blog
Classroom Organisation

I really hope this tool will be of great help to all new teachers and that it will be practical and accurate. 

As soon as I have most of my information on my site, I will send it our to colleagues to get more specific feedback. 

2 comments:

  1. Your running records page was very comprehensive and covered all of the important aspects of running records. I think your site will not just be useful to new teachers, but also to teachers who want a 'refresher'. I would find it really helpful. Mahi pai.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.