Followers

Wednesday 25 August 2021

Toolkit - exploring iMovie

I took the opportunity to upskill myself in using iMovie. I used Maria Krauses' slide from Manaiakalani. I've used iMovie quite a few times in the past, but could only do the basics, so wanted to use the opportunity during lockdown to extend my skills. 

This is my Practice Run (please note, I did a few things in the movie to show my learning, not necessarily looking good)

What I learned: 

- how to change the theme

- change filters (I used black and white)

- to add a voice recording in a specific place

- add a sound effect

- fade music in our out at different places

- extend the length of a photo to match the music or sound effect

It took a bit longer than I thought to figure out how to export my movie. (I ended up googling this part) Just to realize I needed to give the movie some time. So tip for next time, when exporting, watch the little timer instead of clicking all over the place to try and understand why the movie is not downloading. 

1 comment:

  1. iMovie is such a great tool and so easy for our students to learn to use. Look forward to seeing how you use these new found skills (and patience 😅) in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.