Followers

Saturday 10 April 2021

Digital Leadership

 As one of my goals, this term I organised an open afternoon for whanau to come and familiarise themselves with how our students find and share their work on their devices. The main reason for this was because we realised during lockdown how hard it was for parents to support their children with their work. Not all parents are confident in using digital technology. 

Michelle helped me to create a pamphlet to send home to encourage parents to come. 

We arranged it for a Friday afternoon. I thought nobody would come as it was the Friday after our whanau conferences on Wednesday but was surprised that 4 parents came. (I know some people will say, only 4? But I'm a half-full glass type of person).

It was such a successful afternoon that I am excited to have another one in term 2. 

This was our little programme: 


Students created a little Seesaw post with their parents to see how easy it is to do. 






It was great to see how engaged the students and parents were. Feedback from the parents was: 
"This was really good, thank you for inviting us"
"It was good to see how she access her work as she usually just do it on her own"
"This was very helpful, thank you". 

Things that I can do better next time: 
Make a bigger effort with promoting the afternoon. 
Share our experience with other students and encourage them to invite their parents. 
Have a little prepared activity on Seesaw available, so that they can see how they can access the video clips and templates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.